34 35 36 37 yrs38…39 yrs old
October: Ruptured appendix as a child(had no clue what this would do to my fertility)
July: 11cm(110mm!!) cyst found on Right ovary….remove right ovary and fallopian tube…down to only my….left ovary
April: Stopped birth control. Let’s have a baby!
March: Never a positive pregnancy in 2 years. 1st RE appt.
- HSG results: blocked tube and hydrosalpinx (due to my appendix rupturing)
- Hysteroscopy to clear scar tissue and place Essure to control the hydrosalpinx
- Confirmed Asherman’s Syndrome-lots of scar tissue found during hysteroscopy
- D&C to remove scar tissue from Asherman’s Syndrome
- August 2013-November 2013: Wait 3 months for Essure to work and confirm scar tissue is gone in uterus (Aug-Nov. 2013)
– Hopefully Start IVF #1– …follow me on my journey!!!♥
- 17 days of stims…omg(normal people might do 9 days…)… Retrieval set for Nov. 21st, 2013!!
- 11/21/13: Retrieval results…6-8 follicles seen(only one ovary)…5 eggs retrieved..now wait for the natural fertilization report…praying for healthy embryos!!
- 11/22/13: Natural Fertilization Results: 3 out of the 5 eggs retrieved fertilized naturally!!! Now…I pray that they grow over the weekend…please grow enough to freeze ALL 3 of you beautiful embies! 🙂
- 11/25/13: All 3 embies still growing…on Day 3: 1-6 cell, 1-5 cell, 1-4 cell…will check back to see who is left to freeze..please…
- 11/26/13: 2 stopped growing and 1 morula stage embryo vitrified. So I have one embryo on ice…stay cozy my frozen baby…gotta work on my lining before you get a warmer home 😉 Future FET or possible IVF #2 in 2014…day by day…
- 01/05/14: IVF #2….yes…we are doing this…again
- 01/04/14: 1st Ultrasound check: 4-7 follicles seen…a little better than IVF#1(only 4 seen)
- 01/16/14: Stim for 12 days instead of 17…better
- 01/18/14: Retrieval results: 11….yay!!!!!!! Lucky number 11 🙂
- 01/20/14: 9 Eggs fertilized!!!
- 01/24/14: 6 Blastocysts vitrified!!! Yippee!
- Future FET scheduled for
Febor March…whenever my lining wants to cooperate 🙂 Come on thick lining grow!
- Trial FET scheduled for the end of
March. Calling RE when I get my period…should be around 02/25/14
- 02/27/2014: FET #1-2mg Estradiol(increasing every day up to 8mg day), Viagra(Sildenafil) Suppositories 4 times a day, Estrogen Suppositories 2 times a day….lots going on in that area! Praying this lining wakes up 😉
- 3/27/14-FET#1 CANCELLED…lining never grows above 4mm…looking at another hysteroscopy to find out whats going on(or apparently what’s not going on with my lining)…oh joy
- 3/28/14-Appt with Asherman’s Specialist—Hysteroscopy scheduled for the week of April 8.
- 4/10/14: Surgical Hysteroscopy #2 scheduled with Dr. March(Leading Asherman’s Dr in the world)
- 4/10/14: Hysteroscopy done. He removed some more scar tissue, saw some “bald spots”, could not find my Essure? Next steps, another HSG to confirm Essure is in place, take Trental 400mg and Vitamin E 1,000 mg twice a day to try and improve “bald spots”….and wait 🙁 More waiting……
- 5/21/14: Mid cycle, FET #2 “natural” cycle lining check….2.8mm 🙁
- FET #2 CANCELLED. Horrible…next step…estrogen stimulation cycle next month….praying for my miracle baby…..
- HSG #2: Lots of fun having to do this again…just to make sure that my tube is blocked and the Essure is in the correct place…it is….so hopefully the hydrosalpinx is not an issue any longer…..
- 6/10/14 FET #3-CD 12-Lining 3.3 🙁 What is wrong with this lining 🙁 Most likely cancelled….but giving it another week…. determined to figure this out!!
- 6/16/14 FET #3-CANCELLED…lining only got to 4mm….taking a month off….this is exhausting….
- 7/7/14 Natural Cycle Lining Check: 4mm….so 4mm…regardless if I’m on Estrogen therapy or not…hmmm..what do I do next?
- 8/4/14 FET #4-Estradiol Valerate Intramuscular Injections this time-Lining at 3.6 with lots of fluid…great
- 8/8/14-Lining doing something :)…5mm today…interesting…so stay on everything and check back on Tues
- 8/12/14-Lining 5.7mm….checking again Friday
- 8/15/14-FET #4 CANCELLED again….shrunk to 4mm……on to FET #5 in
Sept….something’s gotta work….not giving up!
- 9/9/14-STILL waiting for my E2 levels to go below 100 to start FET #5….waiting…patiently…kind of…
- 9/17/14-STILL, STILL waiting for my E2 levels to go down….195……it’s been over a month…what in the heck?? 🙁
- 9/18/14-Diagnosed with Crohn’s Disease…one more thing to deal with….gees…
- 9/23/14-E2 STILL 210…this blows…
- 9/30/14-E2-? Ultrasound shows I now have a follicle growing(13mm)…so I guess my E2 went down at some point? Weird…regardless, I still have to wait until next cycle for anything….boo
- 10/2/14- Ultrasound:Uterine lining non-existent(like not even 2mm) and lots of fluid in lining…looks like I should be ovulating soon though with an 18mm follicle…at least that works…if I only had tubes and a decent lining….one day…wait for my period and then decide what to do next….I don’t know…
- 10/15/14-Period finally started after 51 days! CD2-Ultrasound-50 mm cyst….boo…hoo….I have to wait another cycle for the cyst to go away until we do anything else…..wait some more…..for some reason I still have
hopeFaith and am not giving up…ever for my babies
- 10/28/14-Natural mid-cycle check-17mm follicle…and lining non-existent..couldn’t even measure 🙁 Project Dream 2015 goes into effect.
- 11/10/14-CD3, Ultrasound-cyst gone! Now let’s start FET#5 with Tamoxifen…come on lining!
- 11/17/14-3 days after Tamoxifen-lining too thin to measure and fluid but it’s still early…still have hope!
- 11/21/14-7 days after Tamoxifen-lining 3.7mm….sad…check again on 11/25
- 11/25/14-10 days after Tamoxifen-lining 5.1mm…better but still…
- FET#5 CANCELLED..wait for CD1.
- 12/11/14-CD3-Ultrasound-3.3mm lining and 40mm cyst with blood clot 🙁 No FET this cycle. Wait until cyst resolves. Merry Christmas to me…wine please.
January 2015- Please let this be our year
- 01/06/15-CD3 Ultrasound: 40 mm cyst is still there 🙁 I’ve given up on hope and am relying on faith. Sit out another month. Pray that this cyst will resolve and I can do something next month.
- 01/30/15-Ultrasound:the cyst in gone! Prep for FET #6!
- 02/02/15-FET #6-CD2 start Tamoxifen
- 02/06/15-CD6 last day Tamoxifen and start 2 Vivelle patches every 3 days.
- 02/09/15-CD9 Ultrasound-follicles are small and lining is thin, very thin, 1mm with fluid. Check back 02/13/15.
- 02/13/15-CD13 Ultrasound-follicles are STILL small…lining at 3mm..wait another week 🙁 and check again on 02/20/15.
- 02/20/15-CD20 Ultrasound-2 follicles on only ovary 16mm and 13mm…and lining is still a dismal 2mm with fluid in it…check again on 02/23/15.
- 02/23/15-CD23 Ultrasound-Ovulated and lining 3.3mm…
- FET #6 CANCELLED
- IVF#3…I can’t believe we are doing this again….start stims March 13.
- Sonohystogram-3/9-found a “bump”. Not sure what it is(polyp/scar tissue/blood). Will watch and still start stims 3/13.
- 03/17/15: Stim Day 5-Ultrasound-3-5 follicles seen…lining “non-existent”…great 🙁
- 03/20/15: Stim Day 8-Ultrasound-5 eggs growing..lining 4.8mm..with fluid(of course)…still horrible but better than “non-existent”.
- 03/24/15-Lining 5.1mm so doing GCSF wash.
- 03/26/15-9 eggs retreived! 7 mature! 6 fertilized…2nd GCSF wash to help with lining.
- 03/30/15-All gone 🙁
- 03/31/15-Decided to transfer one frozen embryo from Jan.2014…miracles happen right?
- 04/09/15-BFN…devastated beyond belief
- Lost and broken…not sure what is next
- Sister volunteers to be surrogate. Her initial ultrasound reveals too thick lining and abnormal uterus. Devastated. RE recommends hysteroscopy. Sister is not ready to go through with anything else yet. Back to square one.
- Call Dr. March and he recommends a 3rd operative hysteroscopy.
- Operartive Hysteroscopy #3 finds dense scar tissue/adhesions and small hematoma. Removed and stent placed.
- Follow-up Dr. March. Recommends 4th hysteroscopy. Omg. Can I continue to go through with all of this??
- Hysteroscopy #4- Cancelled…45mm cyst…back to square one
- Sister has a biopsy- all comes back clear…not cancer!
- Taking Estrace 2 times a day the entire month to subside cyst
- Cyst subsides-try to grow lining for ERA test.
- More Estrace…over this stuff….oh, and I turn 38..
- Continue Estrace—lining breaks down despite no ovulation via progesterone test.
- ERA test cancelled….just over this crap.
- Back to another RE to try the ERA test next month.
- Start Estrace on CD 2
- Break through ovulation on CD 11, even with high doses of Estrogen. ERA test cancelled.
- What an end to another shitty year.
- Accepted that my uterus is inhospitable for my embryos
- Gave up trying to get pregnant….sister is cleared to be our gestational carrier……just want my babies safe in my arms….praying that 2016 finally leads us to that good news.
- My angel of a sister, our gestational carrier, gave birth to our miracle son, W. He is more than I ever dreamed. Prayers for you all to have your miracle in your arms soon.